The East Rochester School District is recruiting a B Shift Custodian
This position, in conjunction with the daytime custodian, is responsible for the cleanliness of our school building, supervising cleaning staff, and performing routine and semi-skilled repair and maintenance tasks.
Does related work as required, including but not limited to:
- Supervision of cleaners including routine workload management, general and specific cleaning duties;
- Sweeps, mops, washes, dusts, and performs other cleaning duties;
- Vacuums and shampoos carpets and stuffed Furniture;
- Empties waste containers and dispose of Rubbish;
- Replaces light bulbs, towels, soap, and other Supplies;
- Operates floor and carpet cleaning/scrubbing Equipment;
- Repairs furniture; Performs minor carpentry, Mechanical and related tasks; Makes minor repairs of Plumbing and electrical fixtures and related equipment;
- Checks to ensure that buildings are heated, cleaned, locked, unlocked in readiness for all activities;
- Checks Operation of heating systems;
- Supports grounds operations as needed;
- Ensures buildings are secure and utilizes electronic security systems;
- Assists unloading, moving, handling and delivery of equipment, furniture, supplies;
- maintains building recycling program;
- Paints rooms and equipment;
- Maintains swimming pools;
- Assists with setting up and tearing down for athletic contests and special events, as well as general policing of facilities during such events;
- Inspects and monitors facility cleanliness and level of presentation;
- Exercises sound judgment in taking corrective action as necessary;
- Reports facility repair and emergency issues to supervisor;
- Effectively utilizes communication tools including but not limited to email and computerized maintenance management software.
This position includes a full medical and dental package, paid leave time, and membership in the NYS retirement system. The employee reports directly to the Director of Facilities.